Home \ Moving Tips \ Moving Blankets

Moving Blankets

Moving blankets are a professional Utah movers “tool of the trade.”  If you’ve decided to move on your own it, is highly recommended to use moving blankets too. They keep your items covered and, if used properly, scratch free.

There are many different types of moving blankets, but they generally fall into two different categories; quilted (often called “padded moving blankets”), or non-quilted. Each type has its own use.

Padded Moving Blankets

Quilted blankets are generally 72″ x80″.  They come will all different types of filler.  The more filler the blanket has the heavier it will be. Heavier blankets offer more padding and are used for items that need more protection. Couches, tables, dressers, and wood furniture are some of the items to should be covered with a heavy quilted blanket.

Non-Quilted Moving Blankets

Cheaper, non-quilted blankets are made out of a variety of fabrics. Some include burlap or felt. These blankets are recommended for items that only need basic protection or to cover items that you plan on leaving in long term storage. If you’re only concerned about items rubbing together, covering them with a non-quilted blanket will provide adequate protection.

Paper Moving Blankets

Last, but not least, are paper moving blankets. Paper blankets are made out of light weight paper, which are then sandwiched together with a thicker outer layer of paper. Paper blankets are a great alternative if you plan on moving a short distance or if your budget doesn’t allow for more protective blankets.